Because my model train collection grows, I wanted to enter them into a database. This database should fulfill the following requirements:
- It must be usable with macOS, Windows and Linux.
- Several track gauges must be usable.
- Beside a list of own trains, a wish list must be available.
- It must be able to save at least one image for every train.
- The history (maintenance, repair, retrofit...) of each model must be savable.
- I want to enter all spare parts of each model.
- Information about the original must be recordable.
- The life cycle of the original should be savable.
- There should be graphical reports available.
- A simple selection of the models (e.g. era) must be possible.
Unfortunately I did not found a program that fulfills all above requirements. On the other side I had experience with the development of database applications (Gebührenrechner, Bambini, Mac-HaBu...). This was the reason I decided to develop my own program. Additionally to above requirements I realized a very flexible concept. All parameters (gauges, era, manufacturer...) can be changed by the user.
With "iMove" you get the possibility to administer all data on the iPad or iPhone. Here, you see the data can enter changes. With the synchronization both system are always up to date.
I use this program for the management of my own model train collection. Accordingly I will add new features as fast as possible. But I like to add ideas from other users, too. Please let me know your ideas.
Mac-MoVe, Lin-MoVe and Win-MoVe offer some very interesting advantages:
- Cross platform
Mac-MoVe (macOS), Win-MoVe (Windows) and Lin-MoVe (Linux) are full compatible together. With one registration you can use the data alternately on all three platforms.
- iPhone / iPad
There is a version for iOS, too. And with the intragted synchronzation the data will be always up to date.
xMoVe, Mac-MoVe, Win-MoVe and Lin-MoVe are based on the already existing programs (Mac-HaBu, Win-HaBu, and Lin-HaBu). The programs are introduced for many years. Many features (Interfaces, GUI, Database, backup…) of this existing program could be reused.
- Continuous development
New functions in xHaBu, Mac-HaBu, Win-HaBu or Lin-HaBu will be implemented in xMoVe, Mac-MoVe, Win-MoVe and Lin-MoVe, too. Only functions, which makes no sense, will not be transported.
- Local or server-based database
All data are stored normally in a local database file. For this, no knowledge about the administration of a database server is necessary. Alternatively, different methods exist to use it on several workstations.
As with other shareware, there are no costs for an update.iPhone / iPod touch
In version 7.1 the following important functions were implemented:
- AFP-Server and Semaphore
With macOS 10.12 it is no longer possible to mount an AFP server without additional password input. Therefore, this function has been removed and the settings file adapted.
- Change model direkt from "Spare parts" and "Marshalling"
Now it is possible to open the dialog for changing a model direct from the reports "Spare parts" and "Marshalling".
In the former version 7 we introduced the following function:
- New Fields
With this version, additional information can be stored. Because of this, some new fields are necessary. And some other fields were changed. But all existing data will be transformed, automatic.
- Lin-MoVe as 64 Bit Version
We build Lin-MoVe as a 64 Bit version. The 32 Bit libraries are not necessary any more.
You can download Mac-MoVe, Win-MoVe and Lin-MoVe and start the administration of your train collection.
Notes to above versions:
- With xMoVe, a version for macOS is available, which can be loaded from the App Store.
- When you start Lin-MoVe the first time it may be possible that the controls are not displayed correct. If this occurs, open the preferences and adjust the control.
- For a faster download all versions (not Win-MoVe) are stored as an archive file. Normally you don't need special software to unpack the archive.
- For Win-MoVe, you get an Installer to install the program on your computer.
This software is Shareware. It may be copied and used by everyone. However copy always the original version, together with this documentation.
You can use this program 60 days without registration. Without registration the access to the database is locked after this period. Only with the registration the access will be unlocked. During the test phase you can use the complete program, without the export functions.
You can pay the registration fee with a bank transfer (17 Euro) to our account:
Volksbank Darmstadt Kreis Bergstraße eG
Inhaber: Claudia und Manfred Richter
BLZ: 508 900 00
Ort: 64283 Darmstadt
The description on a bank transfer is often truncated. Therefore it is necessary to send the address information (Mail or postal address) additionally (by Mail).
As an alternative, you can use PayPal for payment. But write also an email, please.
After receipt of the money, you receive a Mail (or letter) with the code for the registration.